Buffalo BLT Lettuce Cups (Paleo, Gluten Free, Dairy Free)
These spicy and delicious BLT comes with a twist – buffalo wing sauce which perfectly compliments the crisp, cool, celery in the mix. An easy dinner or lunch that takes no time to prepare and keeps everyone happy! I used Wing Time Buffalo Sauce which is gluten-free and has that traditional, spicy buffalo wing flavor I crave. Note: it’s spicy so for little ones who aren’t ready for the heat, just keep the sauce off the top. They’ll love the fun of the lettuce cup paired with the deliciousness of the BLT!
Oh and if you haven’t discovered Hampton Creek’s Just Mayo yet…well, you’re welcome. 🙂 If you can’t find that or the buffalo sauce at your local natural grocer, you can find it online at the links above.
- Uncured, Organic Bacon, 6 slices, cooked and chopped
- Organic Cherry Tomatoes, 1/4 cup, sliced in half
- Organic Celery, 2 sticks, chopped
- Organic Basil, 5 large leaves, chopped
- Organic Mayo, 1/4 cup
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
- Organic Romaine, 8 leaves, rinsed and dried
- Wild Thing Buffalo Sauce, 1/2 cup
- Organic Avocados, 2, quartered
- Cook bacon strips in saute pan, set on paper towel to drain and cool
- In a mixing bowl, add sliced cherry tomatoes and chopped celery and basil and mix
- When bacon has cooled, chop or cut into 1/4 inch pieces, add to mixing bowl
- Add mayonnaise and stir
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Place 2 romaine leaves on each plate
- Top each leaf with 1/8 of BLT mixture
- Top mixture with 1/4 avocado
- Drizzle Buffalo Sauce on top of mixture (optional. It's spicy!)
- If you don't like a lot of heat, you can top the BLT mixture with gluten-free BBQ sauce instead.
- I serve this dish with a fresh pressed greens juice. It's cool and refreshing and offsets the spice of the buffalo sauce. Plus, it's so nutrient dense, it leaves you feeling full!
If you’d like more info on how to boost thyroid health, I also provide many more resources on recipes, health, and healing naturally, including:
- Our totally free Thyroid Healing Type Assessment, Report and Coaching Sessions
- Right here on my blog, where I talk about what’s worked best for me and my clients, as well as the latest research and resources I come across. You can subscribe to get new blog posts delivered right to your email by signing up on the righthand side of the page.
- My book, Healing Hashimoto’s Naturally — part memoir, part instruction manual for how I personally healed my Hashimoto’s disease.
- My exclusive free 6 Thyroid Myths That Can Keep You From Healing workshop — with info on the comprehensive Thyroid Fix in 6 program, which walks you through, step-by-step, the exact actions you need to take to heal your thyroid and get your life back! We’ve seen hundreds of participants in the Thyroid Fix in 6 avoid, decrease, or even eliminate the need need for thyroid medications.
- The incredible Your Best Thyroid Life Video Bundle, in which I personally invited 27 of the world’s top health experts to share their best tips for living with and healing thyroid disease.
Jen Wittman is a Certified Holistic Health Expert, Chef, Author & Vitality Coach, who teaches women how to reverse thyroid and autoimmune conditions naturally. She’s helped hundreds of women decrease (or even eliminate) their thyroid medications and has helped others stay off thyroid medication entirely.
Through her free Thyroid Healing Type Assessment, Jen teaches easy and simple steps to thyroid healing that can fit into your busy day. She also provides print outs to bring to your next doctor’s appointment so you can get the support and respect you deserve.