Thyroid Disease Doesn’t Define Me – The Rock Star.
Today, I am a Rock Star.
On stage, under the spotlight, learning a totally new skill — in front of 200 people.
This was one of those moments in life when I knew I was exactly where I was supposed to be.
World class musician, Tommy Igoe, was teaching me how to play the drums, onstage, in front of 200 people. It was surreal. Having to perform on stage, in front of a couple hundred people, forced me out of my comfort zone and to overcome a major fear.
It was a powerful moment of growth and beyond fun! I am grateful…and one lucky girl.
That moment has already changed my life and made it richer. What Tommy is showing everyone in the back who can’t see the stage, how big my smile is. How happy I am even though I’m tackling a new, challenging skill. And how amazing it is to overcome a fear.
When I was diagnosed with Hashimoto’s, I was afraid.
The prognosis looked grim. I had so many debilitating symptoms and felt overwhelmed and depressed by it all. I was told by doctors that there was nothing I could do, that I’d have to live with this condition for my entire life and that the only thing that might help was a medication.
But, after years of being blown off by these same doctors, being told I was “fine,” my blood work was “normal,” being told it was all in my head, I no longer trusted the medical system — a system that is only designed to put a bandaid on an illness when it happens, not to prevent or reverse it. A patriarchal system that teaches us not to question our doctors, not to be a partner in our own health care.
One day, I got fed up.
I took my health care back into my own hands and learned how to reverse Hashimoto’s naturally. And what I learned works for hypothyroidism, Hashimoto’s, hyperthyroidism, Grave’s and many other conditions.
It takes a change, a leap of faith, a willingness to overcome your fears, and a commitment to yourself to reverse a thyroid or autoimmune condition. But once you do it…and you get your life back, EVERYTHING gets better, brighter, more vibrant.
I don’t describe myself as someone with thyroid disease anymore. I am more than that. I am a mom, wife, author, coach, and more. And today, I am a rock star.
And you are so much more than your disease too.
This is what living Your Best Thyroid Life is all about. You are not your thyroid condition. Thyroid disease doesn’t have to define you. Stand up and claim that now, “Thyroid disease doesn’t define me.” And, share this post to inspire others.
Want more inspiration, recipes and practical solutions to reclaiming your life from a thyroid or autoimmune condition? Check back here daily and follow me on my adventures to a vibrant, healthy life.
If you are ready to discover more about how you can heal your thyroid from a place of power and hope, I provide a ton of resources on healing your thyroid, including:
- Our totally free Thyroid Healing Type Assessment, Report and Coaching Sessions
- Right here on my blog, where I talk about what’s worked best for me and my clients, as well as the latest research and resources I come across. You can subscribe to get new blog posts delivered right to your email by signing up on the righthand side of the page.
- My book, Healing Hashimoto’s Naturally — part memoir, part instruction manual for how I personally healed my Hashimoto’s disease.
- My exclusive free 6 Thyroid Myths That Can Keep You From Healing workshop — with info on the comprehensive Thyroid Fix in 6 program, which walks you through, step-by-step, the exact actions you need to take to heal your thyroid and get your life back! We’ve seen hundreds of participants in the Thyroid Fix in 6 avoid, decrease, or even eliminate the need need for thyroid medications.
- The incredible Your Best Thyroid Life Video Bundle, in which I personally invited 27 of the world’s top health experts to share their best tips for living with and healing thyroid disease.
Remember, no matter what diagnosis you’re facing, you always have a choice. Keep your chin up and take small daily action and you can heal and have a normal life again!
Jen Wittman is a Certified Holistic Health Expert, Chef, Author & Vitality Coach, who teaches women how to reverse thyroid and autoimmune conditions naturally. She’s helped hundreds of women decrease (or even eliminate) their thyroid medications and has helped others stay off thyroid medication entirely.
Through her free Thyroid Healing Type Assessment, Jen teaches easy and simple steps to thyroid healing that can fit into your busy day. She also provides print outs to bring to your next doctor’s appointment so you can get the support and respect you deserve.