What traveling to Italy has already taught me about stress.
While it’s amazing to have a level of freedom and adventure that I haven’t had since the baby was born (almost 7 years ago), it’s going to be hard for me to be away that long. And while 15 days in Italy sounds like a dream (and it is!), I’ll be missing my husband and son terribly…especially because I’ll be gone an extra 5 days to a conference for thyroid experts in Boulder, CO right after that.
It’s a lot…and I’m starting to feel the overwhelm creeping in. But I’m prepared.
In the past, I’ve let the stress take over and fall apart a little. I get short and snappy with my mood, freak out unnecessarily, and don’t enjoy the experiences as fully as I could.
If you missed our fantastic coaching call last week with Self-discovery Expert, Chad Brown, we talked about fight or flight, procrastination, perfectionism, negative self-talk, shame, guilt, anxiety, unfulfilling jobs, panic and sooo much more!
It was incredible – what was supposed to be an hour long Q&A call went for 2 1/2 hours full of anxiety solutions a life changing a-has!
What I learned after taking Chad’s advice in the Thyroid Anxiety Workshop, was that I first and foremost needed to stop…slow down…and check in. From there, his tried and true techniques could take hold.
So that’s what I’m doing now…slowing down in a country that’s known for amazing food and taking it slow. I’m also checking in with myself regularly and I’m checking in with you now.
How are you feeling? Are there situations and relationships in your life causing you overwhelm, anxiety or panic? And, what do you plan to do with them?
If you missed the live call but want to hear the answer to some really amazing and challenging questions + have access to the workshop, guided EFT meditation for thyroid health, resources and a recording of the Q&A call, click here now.
I’m employing many of Chad’s techniques as I write this – to help me stay grounded and relaxed before I get on the shuttle to the airport. I’ve got some mommy tears in my eyes but I’m breathing through it.
See you when I get back!
Want more nutrition, health and lifestyle information? Make sure to check out my resources on healing your thyroid naturally, including:
- Our totally free Thyroid Healing Type Assessment, Report and Coaching Sessions
- Right here on my blog, where I talk about what’s worked best for me and my clients, as well as the latest research and resources I come across. You can subscribe to get new blog posts delivered right to your email by signing up on the righthand side of the page.
- My book, Healing Hashimoto’s Naturally — part memoir, part instruction manual for how I personally healed my Hashimoto’s disease.
- My exclusive free 6 Thyroid Myths That Can Keep You From Healing workshop — with info on the comprehensive Thyroid Fix in 6 program, which walks you through, step-by-step, the exact actions you need to take to heal your thyroid and get your life back! We’ve seen hundreds of participants in the Thyroid Fix in 6 avoid, decrease, or even eliminate the need need for thyroid medications.
- The incredible Your Best Thyroid Life Video Bundle, in which I personally invited 27 of the world’s top health experts to share their best tips for living with and healing thyroid disease.
Remember, no matter what diagnosis you’re facing, you always have a choice. Keep your chin up and take small daily action and you can heal and have a normal life again!
Jen Wittman is a Certified Holistic Health Expert, Chef, Author & Vitality Coach, who teaches women how to reverse thyroid and autoimmune conditions naturally. She’s helped hundreds of women decrease (or even eliminate) their thyroid medications and has helped others stay off thyroid medication entirely.
Through her free Thyroid Healing Type Assessment, Jen teaches easy and simple steps to thyroid healing that can fit into your busy day. She also provides print outs to bring to your next doctor’s appointment so you can get the support and respect you deserve.